Leia Newton

Leia+Newton

Oh, the places you’ll go! My future plans are:
Next year I am attending MCC [McHenry County College]! I will be studying secondary education!
Go Gators! My favorite memory from high school is:
My favorite memory from high school is band/marching band, no questions asked. I love my band family more than life itself.
I would love to give a big thank you to:
I have several teachers and staff members I want to thank. I want to thank Mrs. Miedwig, Sra. Che and Brian Adcock for always being so welcoming to me and for being there for me when I needed anything at all and for being my inspirations to become a high school teacher. I also want to thank Mr. McCaughn for always being there when I need you and for the little things he always did to brighten my day without even knowing he did. Thank you all. You all changed my life.
If I could go back in time, the advice I would give my freshman self is:
If I could go back in time, I would tell my freshman self to hang in there. It may be new and different now, but down the road, things are looking bright.
Words of Wisdom:
My Words of Wisdom for CLS students: It is okay to struggle. It is okay to have bad days. You are never going to be perfect, don’t waste your time trying to be perfect. I also advise you to not compare yourself to others. You are one of a kind, You are you and there is no need to be someone else. When life seems tough and always seems to get you down, surround yourself with people who love you, support you and will always be there for you no matter what. Become friends with people who lift you up and will help you through the times of sadness and uncertainty. Hold on tightly to those people, you will need them down the road. Lastly, enjoy the days because before you know it, you’ll be graduating and wish you soaked in every moment a little bit more.
My Senior Will:
I, Leia Newton, leave “Salute to the Armed Forces” and my legacy and my memories to Linnea Diersen
How I continued my remote learning is:
I have made the best of the situation put before me. It isn’t as good as going to school, but I appreciate everything the teachers are doing for us as a student body!