Autumn Chase

Autumn Chase

Autumn Chase

Oh, the places you’ll go! My future plans are…

I plan on attending Illinois State University to major in Elementary Education and minoring in Psychology. I will join many different academic clubs that come with being a part of the Honors College and intramural volleyball. I was lucky to achieve a full ride here. 

My favorite memory from high school is…

The football games were the most memorable experiences. I loved meeting new people at the games and performing at halftime. These games are the part of high school I will always remember. 

If I could go back in time, the advice I would give my freshman self is…

Join everything and be yourself. To be happy, you have to embrace who YOU are, not anyone else. Be proud of who you are and what you have to offer to make Crystal Lake South the best place for everybody. Go to the games and get involved. Try something new even if you don’t know anything about it. Join Spanish club no matter what language you take!! This club has the most exciting events and you will love everyone and make memories and friends that will last a lifetime. 

I’d like to thank…

Mrs. Christensen- She has been such an amazing teacher and friend. I sadly only had her freshman and senior year but she will always leave a lasting impact on me. She has always been someone I could turn to for anything. She radiates positivity and she has inspired me as a person to travel and live life to the fullest. 

Words of Wisdom…

Try everything and get involved. Build strong relationships with your teachers and respect them, they will always be there if you need something. Just finish the homework assignment, I promise you will feel better once it is done. Smile at everyone and make conversations with new people. 

What I’ll remember most about senior year…

The homecoming was amazing. The school made the most out of COVID-19 and it was so fun being outside and it is something South should definitely do again.